|By Cheow Yu Yuan Published Saturday 14th 2|
To prepare a buffet, there are certain things that you need to take note of. You should always engage a professional caterer to assist in setting it up. Before you pick up your phone and start hiring, let me share with you 5 tips to prepare for your buffet before you hire a professional caterer:
1. Find out how many people are attending your event. Before you hire a buffet caterer, you need to know the number of attendees. However, it is impossible to get an accurate number of people who will turn up on the actual day. You should take note that there will be around 5 to 10 percent of people who will not turn up at the last minute even though they have registered for your event. So with this, you will not over-order the amount of food needed.
2. Which type of buffet do you want? You can either choose a normal buffet or a BBQ buffet. If you choose a BBQ buffet, you will make your event more relaxing and it also allow more interaction between your guests.
3. Pick the type of food for the buffet. You can choose different types of food for your buffet catering. There are Western, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, etc. Whichever type of food you choose, your buffet caterer should be able to fulfil your request.
4. Plan out the space for the buffet. Your buffet caterer will need a huge space to set things up on the day itself. So make sure that you plan out a space for him or her to work on. The place that you cater for buffet should be spacious enough for your guests to move around and interact. If it is too small, it can get crowded easily and make your guests feel unpleasant.
5. Brief your caterer on every single detail. To ensure a successful catering, you should let your caterer know all the necessary details before the event. Make sure that your caterer knows what time he or she needs to set things up and what time to clean up the setup area.
With these, you are now ready to hire a professional buffet caterer for your event.